Anshu Arora LLM, MSc, PMP

Cell 604-828-7331 |


Did you know that an owner builder must occupy their new homethemselves for at least one

year after obtaining an occupancy permit and are not permitted to sell or rent the new home

during that one-year period.

An owner builder building under an Owner Builder Authorization (after November 19, 2007) is

required to provide an Owner Builder Disclosure Notice,obtained from the Homeowner

Protection Office(HPO), to prospective purchasers.

For more information, visit the HPO website at


When a rental property is being sold, both the landlord and tenant have rights and

responsibilities under the Residential Tenancy Act (RTA).


Showing the Property


Before showing the rental unit, the landlord must have the tenant’s agreement or give the

tenant proper written notice that states the date, time and reason for entry. The tenant

must receive the notice at least 24 hours, and not more than 30 days, before the time of entry.


For more information, refer to Residential Tenancy Office


Most homeowners want to do their own renovations. This gives them a sense of pride and accomplishment, not to mention allows them to save some money.

This is all good, as long as the homeowner got all the necessary permits. Most homeowners aren't aware of all the permit requirements, or that certain work requires not only municipal permits, but also inspections by BC Safety Authority.

For more info on municipal electrical permits and when to notify BC Safety Authority, check out this link


Surrey tops a list of B.C.'s best cities for Real Estate Investment for the fourth year in a row!


This is mostly due to the new Port Mann Bridge, the Golden Ears Bridge, the extra lanes on Highway 1, which are bringing communities like Langley and Chilliwack 'closer' to places of employment such as Surrey, Coquitlam, and Vancouver.


Surrey has also seen a tremendous growth in Condo and Townshouse developments; this along with low interest rates, make for an ideal combination for any investor to take advantage of the current market conditions.


If you are interested in Real Estate Investment opportunities in BC (and Canada), contact me and I will be happy to help you find the right investment property.


The Appraisal Institute of Canada has developed a guide to provide consumers with advice on how to effectively hire a professional appraiser to complete a property market value assessment. This will ensure that buyers and sellers are being provided competent service, by trained professionals.


For more information, please visit the Appraisal Institute of Canada Website at

Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.